Monday, July 30, 2007

Seriously social!!!

So the past week I have been playing the social butterfly and spending time with good friends and family. Tuesday I had coffee with Sherri...as usual there was good conversation, and laughter while enjoying the air conditioning at the local Tim Horton's, where I had my semi-annual donut!
Wednesday we adventured down to the Taste of Edmonton with Andrea and her husband Mike, Marguerite and her husband Brent. It was very busy, but very fun, and nice to spend sometime outside enjoying the good food and great friends.
Thursday Anthony, Nathan and I went to Capital Ex to take in the sights and sounds, and also to see "Walking with the Dinosaurs" which was so awesome, especially the T-Rex. Nathan also managed to go on some rides, and he is quite the ride junkie, just like his Mom. We stayed late to be able to see the fireworks. That was Nathan's first time seeing fireworks in person, and he thought they were pretty cool.
Friday I went with Andrea for supper on Whyte Avenue. We were feeling adventurous so we tried out a new restaurant called Cafe Mosaics. I have walked by it many times, and had always wanted to try it out, and Andrea was up for something different so we went. It is a vegetarian restaurant, and very good...especially the vegan chocolate cake which was so yummy...mmm mmm good! Then we browsed some of the neat little shops, and had a fun time at Chapters looking at the bargain books, and the little "extras" there.
Sunday my parents took the 3 of us out for brunch at the Nisku Inn. We haven't done this for awhile so it was very nice. We also stopped to check out IKEA, which is always fun.
This evening I'm off to go golfing with the girls. I haven't golfed in quite awhile so this could be interesting.
I think I'm going to need a few days to recuperate from this social schedule!!!


While my social schedule has been very full, my creative schedule has been a little empty, but I did manage to finally finish the wedding canvas I was working on for my sister-in-law Marcy, and my new brother-in-law Jon. This was my first attempt at a canvas, and I'm pleased with how it turned out. A HUGE thanks for super Andrea, for letting me completely lift her awesome canvas, and also for picking out the beautiful KI paper....love ya Andrea!!!!




Hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

Andi said...

Thanks for friday...it was fun!! Oh! and wednesday too!!

Your canvas is beautiful and you must take some of the credit!!

Sherri said...

yep love the canvas and how it turned out Dawn, yes yes I know what you think of it haha, but it is great!

Sure enjoy our little coffee jaunts my friend, and look I found your blog, and I actually updated my own hahaha ~ now if we can continue on in the inspiration department we will be doing great!!! haha

Getting working on your circle journal ~ NOW !!! As you sent me home to work last night I am giving you a little push as well tee hee. I went home like a good girl and finished one of the one page layouts, and put together the second one page to get busy on ~ and started planning the two page one and so on >>>>> so I did do something hahaahah, didn't go to bed till 1 am though so I am just dragging here at work and being lazy and blogging haha.

chat with you soon my friend ~ oh and I started posting comments on July 17th so a few more for you to read as well haha.

hugs to you my friend!

Anonymous said...

your canvas turned out beautiful....and dont shit yourself...yes..it si me! lol

Sherri said...

TIME TO UPDATE YOUR BLOG MY DEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHA

Kelsey-Old Account said...

Hey Dawny-Dawnerton,

How's it going?!

Update already!
(This from the gal who didn't update in a year!)