Saturday, June 16, 2007

At long last...another post!

O.k...so when I was younger I always tried to keep a diary, but inevitably it would only last a short while and then I would forget about it. Apparently, old habits die hard and now I've done the same thing with this blog. I haven't given up yet, so I will try and be more vigilante.
Enough justifying already....now for something remotely interesting.

Last weekend I was completely bored, and as my scrapbooking has ground to a creative halt I needed to find something else to work on. There was some scrap wood in our backyard, and I thought that I could definitely make something out of it...and voila!! This little table was built. I cut the wood myself with the power saw (which I had never used before) while my husband was at Costco. My little guy was a little worried about me cutting off my fingers while sawing so he had to supervise, and offer helping suggestions...Mommy, maybe you should wait for Daddy...I'm a little scared!!! Since it was a do-it-yourself project, and my first one, the legs are a little bit crooked, but I was going for the rustic effect, so I think it worked out well:) Now to get my scrapbooking back on track...unfortunately you can't really take a power saw to that!

1 comment:

Andi said...

ha ha! you crack me up! I love your cute little table...crooked legs and all! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to future posts!