Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Feeling hot, hot, hot...

please could we have a break from the 30c temperatures. I know the summer had a slow start, and everyone was waiting for some nice weather, but I think I need a break from this heat. It's just too hot to be able to do anything in the house, and even our basement tends to heat up later in the day. My poor dogs are having a hard time staying cool, and so am I. Maybe a trip to the store to buy a kiddie pool is in order, and we can all have a dip in the nice cold hose water...Ha!

So on the weekend we had Anthony's sister's wedding, and my Nathan was the ring bearer. I was a little worried, no actually a lot worried, that he would not be able to sit through the whole ceremony (which was an hour), but he did an awesome job, and behaved himself, even though the church was unbelievably hot because there was no air conditoning! After the ceremony we went to the Legislature grounds for pictures, and he looked like such a little man I just had to have him pose for this picture. This was his first "dress up" occasion, and he actually picked out his own outfit. He had it all planned out, and was very excited to be able to wear a tie. He practiced wearing it around the house for a week before the wedding.

At the dance he had a lot of fun watching the very pretty bridesmaids, and junior bridesmaids dance, although he was too shy to actually dance with them, although I did catch him a few times practicing his moves while sitting in his chair. He was also pretty excited to be able to sit behind the bar and help the bartender by filling the glasses with ice. Maybe he was practicing for his future profession.


So not much else is up in this little corner...yesterday was spent recovering from the busy weekend, and I think the rest of the week will be spent trying to find ways to stay cool.

Hope you can all find your own little spot to stay cool...have a great week!



3 comments:

Anam_Kihaku said...

he looks so handsome :)

Andi said...

Nathan is just too stinkin' cute in his formal attire!! Might I ask...Where are the pictures of you???

Sherri said...

Cute picture of Nathan ~ love that you added the fact that he wore his "practice" tie around the house ~ good journalling point eh?!!! haha

See we can journal ~ we just need to pull more stuff from our blogs!

I have kept a journal also on and off over the years, a personal one I mean haha so not a whole bunch I could use on my scrapbook pages tee hee but I should be better at doing it on my pages darn it haha!